I was just re-reading all the b-day letters and had the sudden urge to make a
Kids’ Handwriting Appreciation Post
Let’s take a moment to look at the rather adorable handwriting of young teens and appreciate
- how John has an almost proper and orderly way to print if his writing didn’t tend to be all over the place (and John’s undeniable artistical talent).
- that Dave is
too cool too lazy for i-dots and to write round letters so he ends up with this horribly scrawly way of writing, how he does his best to make a b-day letter so very casual and that he has the raddest letter paper.
- Rose’s perfect, neat and proper everything, complete with purple squiddles.
- how Jade manages to make every single letter look curly, uses circles as i-dots and seven exclamation marks plus one smiley to convey her excitement.
- Jake’s straight, large letters and that his “t”s just can’t be confined to a certain height.
- Dirk’s small, rounded writing (opposed to Dave’s angular writing) and how tries hard to write all neatly in a line, but apparently can’t keep that up for long.
Bottom line is: Handwriting is hard and kids/teens struggling with it are adorable. (As is Rose being the only one good at it, just because she actually cares and fills whole journals with proper, pretty writing).